Sunday, March 13, 2011

10 miles in March

So, ran 10 miles yesterday. It wasn't all that easy. My lungs struggled and that's not normal for me. My Dad reminded me that I was sick this week and maybe he's right about my body not being 100% yet . . or maybe I've just totally under-trained for this race I have in less than a week (this is true). I just get so damn tired from work and directing this year's musical (Guys and Dolls) running became a chore. I also tend to hibernate in the winter and that gets in the way of running. Chicago in the winter = sleep, beer, laziness, weight gain, etc. However, trying to think positive . . and running these races has certainly kept me active this winter (goal achieved).

Breakdown:

First 5:

55:27
5.01 miles
11:04/mile

Second 5:

57:13
5.01 miles
11:25/mile

NYC 1/2 in less than a week . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, you're back! I've been reading the best running blog lately that keeps me motivated most of the time: seemeggierun.com. Good luck in NY!

    ReplyDelete