Friday, October 22, 2010

Run 15

So, the race is 15 days away. Last night I went for a 3 mile run and did some stretching. Since it was a short run I decided to work on some speed. 31:15 minutes, distance 3.02, average speed 5.79 mph, average pace 10:21. I was dying for the last 3/4 of a mile. 10:21 average pace is FAST for me. I also kind of hate how there is no breeze or air movement in gym. It's stifling. But I feel good about pushing through when I'm hot, my blood sugar is a little low, I'm breathing hard, etc. I know I'm doing something worthwhile.

On Tuesday I this week I swam some laps and it helped to do something different. I felt like it was good for my lungs especially. I made it 20 minutes or so, and would have gone longer but my goggles were worthless and it was annoying.

Things to remember: make new playlists, hydrate for the next 2 weeks, extreme amounts of water. I need to do another long run. Not sure how long though. I need to shop for some new running clothes. It could be COLD in Indy. Might have to wait to see what the weather will be like before I buy anything.

Things I love: I was in pain and bought new shoes and amazingly everything is awesome again. I love that 3 miles is a "short distance" now. I love when my students ask questions like, "Miss Perry, no one will be out there with a gun trying to shoot you, will they?", "Can you bring me back some free Gatorade?"

No comments:

Post a Comment