Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Run 7, 8, 9

Run 7. I had big dreams. I was going to attempt 6 miles. Upon arriving at the gym it dawned on me the gym closes at 10pm and not 11pm on Sunday. So, I only had about 19 minutes and decided to run fast. I re-learned eating a salad before running, even 2 hours before, is still a bad idea.

Summary:

Elapsed time: 15:30
Distance: 1.50 miles
Distance climbed: 88 feet
Average speed: 5.82 MPH
Average pace: 10:18/mile

Run 8: I learned eating pasta before running, even 2 hours before, is a bad idea. This was a BAD run. My sugar levels dropped and I was powerless. I had planned to attempt 6 miles, but ran less than 3. I was just limp and completely zapped of energy. I think it was the pasta. I had even tried to eat a small portion. I need to keep to meat/veggies (no salad) if I eat dinner and then run.

Summary:

Elapsed time: 29:42
Calories: 344
Distance: 2.68 miles
Average speed: 5.42 MPH
Average pace: 11:04/mile

I went for ice cream after that run. Sugar tasted so good.

Run 9! Title: "Let's Try 6 Again"

Had to divide the run into 2 on the treadmill because it kicks me off sometimes after 60 minutes.

Workout Summary: 62:25 + 05:28
Calories: 674 + ?
Distance: 5.54 + 0.51 = 6.05!
Average speed: 5.33 MPH & 5.55 MPH
Average pace: 11:15/mile & 10:48/mile

So, I was a rock star and ran 6. Oh, and I forgot! I bought new shoes. My third pair of Mizuno's Creation and I love them. I also bought a new hydration pack for running outside. I plan a long run this Sunday. Also learned that by eating something at 3:30pm (yesterday was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich) and then napping and then running around 9pm (having a Gu pack before the run), helps me feel better. I love to run on an almost empty stomach. Last night I came home and ate some cottage cheese, a half sandwich with cream cheese, and grapefruit juice. As for how I felt, I miss a breeze when I'm running inside. Outside runs in the cool fall air will feel good. My legs felt stronger, maybe my high ropes course experience last weekend helped strengthen them. I wasn't out of breath until around 5 miles and I started to kick up my speed a tad. I know on race day I will start out SLOW and conserve energy. I had a pain in my side for the first 2 miles or so, but it subsided eventually. All in all, I felt strong and I'm surprised to say it, but I think I could have run farther if I had needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment