Friday, September 3, 2010

Run 5

This is getting easier.

I had a rough day at work and didn't feel like doing anything. Sometimes when I'm down and I get to the gym all I can think about is how I'm not working hard enough or I'm not progressing. I guess I just get negative, but I'm working on that. After my rough day and long nap, I got to the gym and knocked out 4 miles.

Stats:
elapsed time: 45:41
distance: 4.01 miles
average speed: 5.26 mph
average pace: 11:23/mile

The light dinner helped, only had a salad. I picked up my pace for the last mile, partially because the gym was closing and I needed to hurry, but it felt really good. I could have run longer. At around 3 1/2 I felt like I got into a rhythm and would have liked to push it to 5. Lungs felt great. Legs still get kind of heavy and achy after 3 miles or so. I need to work on my leg strength. Lunges needed. Lifting needed.

I like feeling stronger. I really hate when I'm out of shape and feel so weak when I start up again. I know I have a long way to go still, but feeling stronger is a good.

No comments:

Post a Comment