Thursday, August 19, 2010

Talking is the easy part

I need a coach. I watched the Alabama football training camp special tonight on ESPN. I need someone to yell at me a little. Maybe I need a coach to inspire me and encourage me. I don't know if I need Nick Saban, exactly, but I need speeches. I need this:

"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the
breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there
with all they got and win just one for the Gipper...

I don't know where I'll be then, Rock", he said - "but
I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

So, as a sports lover I'm going to find inspirational quotes that maybe in the heat of a run I can turn to. This might sound trite, but it works. Ask most marathon runners and they will tell you they have some sort of mantra they recite when it gets tough. Last year I used: "I can't go on. You must go on. I'll go on." - Samuel Beckett. It helped and I might use it again, but it might not work for this experience. I might need something different this time.

So, does all of this writing, all of this talk mean I will actually run tomorrow? I'll get back to you.

Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment